My goal when starting The Less Is More Challenge was to reach out to as many people as possible and try in my own little way to get people to have a little sit down with their Earth Conscience and maybe instill change for the only purpose of making Earth a happier place for all….! Never could I have imagined the response from people all over the world taking up The Challenge and the desire from others to help as much and as best as they could. Press interest and the amazing support of global and national Green/Eco Brands such as TerraCycle, Lilly’s Eco Clean, The Film Trashed – starring Jeremy Irons, Ecover and many more. It really has been an amazing week and a half, and with momentum building for Earth Day on April 22nd it will be an even busier week and a half to go – but like you all I am Up For The Challenge!!
Due to the interest from schools all over Ireland I have decided to launch The Less Is More Schools Challenge. Still the same concept as the main challenge but just tailored to suit the needs of the teenage population..I assume changing from Chemical Based to Eco Based cleaning products would be of no Challenge to a teenager!!??? I am just assuming so if I offend anyone please forgive me your parents must be delighted you like to clean
So just for the younger generatio, Earth Day 2013 is nearly here, show your support in some small way that together will make a massive difference. For one day take 10 suggestions and see if it changes your lifestyle forever?!
All you got to do as part of the LESS IS MORE CHALLENGE is to do as many of the following:
- Pack a lunch for school.
- Use a reusable bottle for your water – Bobble Bottles are great for filtering as you go and are offering a discount during Earth Month.
- Do not purchase Clothing for one day. But if you have to try and only purchase clothing that give back and make an effort to tackle environmental issues and sustainability in the production of the product .
- Turn off Lights, computers, TV’s and any other electrical item that consumes electricity.
- Unplug mobile phone chargers when not in use as they still consume electricity when left plugged in!
- Recycle & discover TerraCycle and the ways you can help to “Eliminate the Idea of Waste”
- Plant a Tree and/or a plant that native bee’s LIKE.
- Walk, Cycle or take public transport as often as you can.
- Watch the film HOME & film Trashed starring Jeremy Irons.
- Just open your mind for one day to the little things you can do to instill change in our world globally.
The core of the LESS IS MORE SCHOOLS CHALLENGE is to tackle peoples acceptance to the emphasis on consumerism resulting in ginormous global waste issues and global warming. We all have the ability to change starting with ourselves and if for one day we all had a little think about our own personal journey and lifestyle then it could start something special. Let April 22nd 2013 be the day that YOU take up the CHALLENGE.
Go to the Less Is More Facebook page and all you have to do to register is LIKE the page and share a comment on what LESS IS MORE CHALLENGE you are going to set yourself on Monday 22nd of April 2013.
On the Facebook page check out the brands that are getting behind the challenge and offering discounts or freebies, send us a picture or some feed back of how you got on during your LESS IS MORE SCHOOLS CHALLENGE or for just a general earthy chat…
If you would like to get involved in this challenge please email email@example.com
The Following Brands are Proudly Supporting the Less Is More Challenge for Earth Day, April 22nd 2013