Earth Day 2013 is nearly here and we all need to show our support in some small way that together will make a massive difference?!
What better way to show your individual support for Earth Day 2013 than to try, for one full 24hrs, not to purchase any thing at all….not a single item that will end up as waste. For Earth Week 2013 Claire Lewis who is – Making it Cool to Care about the Environment, is setting the LESS IS MORE CHALLENGE for anyone who is up for it?
All you got to do as part of the LESS IS MORE CHALLENGE is to do as many of the following:
- Use a reusable bottle for your water – surprisingly simple but has a massive impact!
- Have a go at Meat Free Mondays – just one day a week meat free can really make a difference.
- Do not purchase Clothing for one day. But if you have to try and only purchase clothing that give back and make an effort to tackle environmental issues in the production of the product. I don’t think in one day you will in counter a fashion emergency!!
- Swap a Chemical Based home cleaning product for an ECO alternative, two of my favorite companies are Lilly’s Eco Clean & Ecover
- Recycle & discover TerraCycle and the ways you can help to “Eliminate the Idea of Waste”!
- Buy local organic produce or pre think your shop for the week to reduce food waste.
- Plant a Tree and/or a plant that native bee’s LIKE.
- Cycle to work or take public transport.
- Watch the film HOME & film Trashed.
- Just open your mind for one day to the little things you can do to instill change in our world globally starting with yourself!
The core of the LESS IS MORE CHALLENGE is to tackle peoples acceptance to consumerism resulting in ginormous global waste issues and global warming. If for one day we all had a little think about our own personal journey and lifestyle then it could be the start of something special. Let April 22nd 2013 be the day that YOU take up the CHALLENGE.
Go to the Less Is More Facebook page and all you have to do to register is LIKE the page and share a comment on what LESS IS MORE CHALLENGE you are going to set yourself on Monday 22nd of April 2013.
On the Facebook page check out the brands that are getting behind the challenge and offering discounts or freebies, send us a picture or some feed back of how you got on during your LESS IS MORE CHALLENGE or for just a general earthy chat…
The Twitter # is #lessismore
The very best of luck and most importantly ENJOY!!
The Following Brands are Proudly Supporting the Less Is More Challenge for Earth Day, April 22nd 2013