Cleaning my home is something of a chore! As a busy mum, running my own business as well as working part time I just get the job done, as mums know we always have a million and one other things to do.
It pains me to say that I do not own a dishwasher and hate washing dishes. I am also marrying a man who hates washing dishes more that me, because of which I usually buy cleaning products that help me cut the job in half. I have to admit that until recently I have been sucked in by the marketing power of large multinationals that produce chemical based cleaners and it was only a bad flare of my eczema on my knuckles and my 2 year olds eagerness to help with the cleaning led me to research the market and find some eco alternatives that are still within the price range and offer the same standard of cleaning.
Meet Lilly’s Eco Clean the sweet smelling all natural easy on the eye eco cleaning products. Made in the beautiful West Cork, Ireland. Purchasing these products will not only support the environment, your health but also if you come from Ireland local jobs! Lilly’s Eco Clean products share more than one of the Claire Lewis criteria,
- they are eco friendly
- chemical free
- made from 100% biodegradable ingredients
- some of the ingredients are organic
- the bottle are made from 50% post consumer recycled plastic, which means 50% of the plastic is being reincarnated as a Lilly’s Eco Clean bottle and can again be recycled 🙂
- Lilly’s Eco Clean supports the sustainable and environmentally responsible way of living.
- The labels on the bottles are printed in a Carbon Neutral Company.
I reviewed quite a few of the Lilly’s Eco Clean products such as;
- Lilly’s Eco Clean Degreaser with Lemongrass; €5.49 for 500ml but can also be purchased in 5l value refills. I found this excellent, I love cooking Italian foods and hate cleaning my oven so I sprayed the oven and left it for 15mins to take action. My oven was like new when I finished – need I say more.
- Lilly’s Eco Clean Floor Cleaner concentrate with Orange; €3.80 for 750ml but can also be purchased in 5l value refills. This smelled lovely and with heavy traffic in my kitchen and living room, two adults two dogs and a toddler, tiles and a solid wooden flooring this product put a sparkle back in my flooring. This was one of my favorite products and floor cleaner is always on my shopping list so the 5l value refill is a bonus.
- Lilly’s Eco Clean Washing-up liquid with Lemon oil; €2.80 for 500ml but can also be purchased in 5l value refills. As I mentioned previously I don’t have a dishwasher 😦 and as chief dishwasher in my house I love a product that is kind to my very dry sensitive hands. I found the smell of the lemon got me in a good mood and even though I wear gloves I always find myself rising a cloth or something in the water afterwards which irritates my eczema on my knuckle, this didn’t happen which I was very happy about!
- Lilly’s Eco Clean All Purpose Spray Cleaner Eucalyptus; €4.30 for 500ml but can also be purchased in 5l value refills. I found this a great all rounder for glass and granite antibacterial and anti fungal I went to work with this product in my bathroom with fantastic results! Also used this on my toddlers items such as potty, booster chair, plastic toys etc.
- Lilly’s Eco Clean Eco Toilet Cleaner with Tea Tree Oil; €3.80 for 750ml but can also be purchased in 5l value refills. I found this good and with a good scrub of a toilet brush it gave my loo a good clean and the tea tree oil made it smell hygienic. Perfect for my toilet trained little one.
- Lilly’s Eco Clean Non Bio Laundry liquid unscented with organic Aloe vera; €10.15 for 1liter but can also be purchased in 5l value refills. I know from speaking to people that this initially seems expensive but when see the results both in cleaning and environmental terms it is very reasonable. Great for little ones clothes and those with sensitive skin like me!
- Lilly’s Eco Clean Natural Fabric Softener with orange blossom and chamomile; €4.39 for 750ml but can also be purchased in 5l value refills. Fabric softeners are more widely used to get your clothes smelling beautifully as well as softening fabrics. This sent is quite yummy! Almost good enough to eat, for those of you with goats be careful when putting clothes washed with this fabric softener on your clothes line, they will definitely eat them all up.
Lilly’s Eco Clean has recently been approved by the Vegetarian Society just another string to their bow. A eye catching product that can be purchased in not only your local health food store but is also stocked in Tesco and Dunnes Stores all over Ireland. You can also purchase online and for all other information check out the Lilly’s website.